Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point?

Pricing is funny:

The day before our NE meet a pal of mine got a phone call from a friend of his wife, at a yard sale, two plastic sets, he ran over. One a very pedestrian RCA bakelite, one a Dewald Catalin, got both for 30.00. Beautiful butterscotch catalin, pick a price.

All I find at yard sales is old underwear. If you have put your sweat into a set and want to sell it restored people give you dirty looks after you give them the price. Your time and effort costs you just as much on a common set as on a rare set. Try to explain that.

Many common sets well restored that play well get dissed, the Yenta says I have one, see them all the time, even though it took mucho time and sounds beautiful. Ask the Yenta how much 12 hrs. of their time is worth, and then ask if it was done right, be ready for the kvetching....

If you like and want it and can make it play well and safe you pay what you think is reasonable and let yourself be happy. That is what it is all about. Nuff said. Icon_wink

Paul

Tubetalk1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 37-116X What's The Price Point? - by Paul Philco322 - 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM