Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Another 90 Question concerning grommets last post.

Thank you Steve, you have cleared up a few things. After looking closely, yes, the power transformer is more substantial. Suspect that solved the SPECIAL label which was lightly taped on the shield. After cleaning the tube layout on the shield of the parts radio, it clearly shows PP45s. The label looks untouched from being placed on. My guess is someone some time ago changed the shield for some reason as this radio could not have used PP45s as there is only 1 tube socket with 4 pins, the one for the 80. Both chassis have 4 gang tuners, which according to your information would limit them to a single 47 if I read you correctly.
Looking at the bottom of the chassis, sure is a lot of difference in "added" caps. On my main chassis, it is easy to account due to a couple of bad caps in two of the bakelite blocks. On the parts chassis, just looks like a lot more and most look to be original.
I will sort things out and use the others for the few parts I need. Perhaps someone else can use some parts from it as well. A quick check on the A/C in to see if the primary of the transformer was OK, well looks open. Then again, could be the on/off switch. Little more looking there. A lot more iron on that 25hz transformer!
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Messages In This Thread