Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-690 Missing amp and 14" woofer

Yesterday, I fabricated a shell for the 8 pin female receptacle. The shell came out fine, but the idea of using brass tubing to make the female pins didn't work too well. the brass is not springy enough. I went on EBAY to look for a socket from which I might salvage pins that I could place in the shell I made. I found a socket that fit a 2A3 tube, with 2 sizes of female receptacle pins. On their socket design, the pins are held into the shell by a nut on each pin. It would be easy to remove the nut, and transplant the pins into my shell. Today, I vacuumed off the dirt on the receiver chassis while using a small brush to sweep dirt towards the vacuum cleaner nozzle. I then applied a cleaning solution to the RX chassis, while keeping moisture away from critical components. The chassis will be allowed to dry for a long time. I applied a light coating of Krylon silver paint to the tube shield cans, as some of them had some rust. The paint was advertized as duplicating a plated finish, and it looks good. I refinished all tube shields, so they would all look the same. I am missing a couple tube shields-I have an old Philco farm radio that runs on 6 Volts that I restored many years ago. For now, I will use tube shields from this radio-they are the same. I will replace them later, when I find them.

Messages In This Thread
38-690 Missing amp and 14" woofer - by peteivan - 10-31-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: 38-690 Missing amp and 14" woofer - by Arran - 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: 38-690 Missing amp and 14" woofer - by peteivan - 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM