Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Now I've done it...One Bucket List set FOUND!

I just bought another bucket list radio this past week. It was ol' Willie who had it up and for some reason alot of his stuff sold for less than expected and he did not have snipers at the last 5 seconds. As a result I will be adding this radio after a 7 year search for a nice one. I hope it cleans up nice and has player potential. Gonna use the mojo and Howard's with a ton of elbow grease thrown in. The finish is very light on one side.

Its a 12 tube Silvertone model 1722 circa either 1933 or 1934. There seems to be at least 2 and maybe 3 versions. I know the rectifier is an 83V in one version and 5Z3 in the other. The output tubes were originally 2A3H and later went to 2A3's with the double plates. It was about $325 plus shipping but I just old this weekend my minty Scott 800B and a pretty nice recapped 14 tube Howard's 425 with a 15" Jensen speaker I was almost ready to strip out and use on a McMurdo chassis. So it was 2 radios sold and one in. The 800B was so big I was able to put 2 consoles in it's place in my bedroom and a net zero cost for the 1722..

From Willie's photos of the Silvertone 1722 with a built in digital clock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silvertone-1722-...true&rt=nc

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now I've done it...One Bucket List set FOUND! - by y2kbruce - 11-18-2012, 06:47 PM