Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 680X - Any others out there ?

About 3 yrs. back at Lansing's Extravaganza a guy had one sitting on back of his truck all day Friday not getting much attention at all. I was told the cabinet & veneer was going to need a lot of repair.

Next day, Saturday, went through the "Estes" auction & sold for $20!!!Icon_eek The new owner who got *stuck* with it flipped it up on the 'bay & IIRC went for approx. $750 w/s&h on top of that.Icon_crazy

Cabinet didn't look that bad "at first glance" to me going thru Estes, but then again I was a Noob on Philcos back then & JUST got my 38-690 the day before (Friday)Icon_biggrin but didn't think this 680X would ...

I even helped the buyer & his good friend with the hotel doors so they could load it up in their van.Icon_rolleyes

The on-line buyer must of knew what they were getting into I'm sure, spending that much $$$ on one that still needed a Full Restoration.

My undies get wet just thinking about that particular meet & weekend knowing I coulda-shoulda-woulda got home with a 680X & 690.Icon_eh

Lloyd

Good Judgment Comes From- EXPERIENCE -Which Comes From Bad Judgment

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 680X - Any others out there ? - by CrumblingWires - 12-16-2012, 09:18 PM