Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season

Okay, Steve and Bob:

Level with me (no pun intended). Just what is the secret of filling grain? Repeated applications until the cabinet refuses to take any more? Or must you perform a special voodoo ceremony over the cabinet as you apply grain filler?

My Constantine's grain filler has become very lumpy over the winter, to the point of being all but unusable. I think this was the main reason why it didn't work on the 38-2670.

So this afternoon, I've been trying CrystaLac again, on the 610T.

It seems to have filled 95% or better of the grain - but the more it hardens, the more it becomes hard as a rock and more resistant to sandpaper. (And the label says "Easy Sanding!" Easy sanding, my foot!) I'm going to have to get a razor blade and scrape the remainder of the excess, after sanding until I have blisters on my fingers.

Why the H**l can't someone invent something that can be easily rubbed into the grain, the excess easily removed against the grain, and that fills on the first application? Oh, and is easily sandable? A "Grain Fill for Dummies," if you will? (And did I mention "easily"?)

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 05-27-2013, 03:05 PM