Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now?

Holy hack job, Ron! Somebody's grubby lil finners were ALL over that one.Icon_eek The 42-400 had a couple of electrolyics dangling on one lead like yours with no tie point to be seen, with wires cut here and there and all, with that section of schematics missing, and I was able to locate the leads. This should be a cakewalk for you! Cool that the dial is motorized. The 8s463 I worked on was manual tuning, but had a weighted idler wheel that made tuning fun. You could start the pointer at the low scale, give that dial knob a lil twist, and the pointer would sail all the way up to the upper end, and stop softly at the spring loaded end. (Or anywhere along the way, if you touched the knob). The candohm on that set looked like yours, but was good to go. Give 'er a test. Should be a good performer when finished. Good luck! Icon_thumbup I think I replaced the eye tube in that with a 6e5, with excellent results

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now? - by Electrothaumaturgist - 07-04-2013, 03:59 PM