Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now?

Again, thanks for the helpful, positive comments, folks! Icon_thumbup

As the common consensus is to find a decent parts chassis - or a chassis in better shape than this one - before proceeding, I will keep an eye open for one.

I also agree with John (Eliot) and others in that this is going to get put "on the back burner" until such time that I do find a decent parts chassis. I'm wanting to get as many cabinets refinished as I can during the summer - and I'll be getting back into that project next week. I've also found a good place to have the amp/power supply chassis of my McMurdo Silver MP VI rechromed, and that set will receive top priority for electronic restoration once I get the chassis back from the chrome shop.

I also noticed out of all the 9S262 threads on here, most have missing photos. So I will be contacting the original posters to see about getting those pictures back. Agreed, Geoff's thread was an especially good one.

John (Eliot), I especially appreciate those links in your last post. I did not know Rocketeer had recreated those owner's manuals. I know he pops in here from time to time, so Larry, if you're reading this...GREAT job! Icon_thumbup Icon_clap

Looking this chassis over, I can see where I can fix some things, such as the tapped Candohm (with individual resistors attached to a long terminal strip), the volume control (by replacing it with a 2 meg tapped control, adding a shaft extension if needed), the off-on-local-distance switch (by adding a two pole three position switch and shaft extension), and Arran's idea of a cable clamp to replace the missing part of the 6T5 clamp. But I'll still need to do something about that plastic piece which is supposed to go onto the off-on-local-distance switch shaft, and will need an additional clamp for the dial glass. And that's if I decide to just live with the rough-looking AM band shutters.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now? - by Ron Ramirez - 07-05-2013, 06:14 PM