Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now?

Hi Ron.
That's a very restorable chassis. You have to be careful around that RF coil (top left photo #6) as they have 4 very fine wires coming from the coils to the soldering lugs. It looks like one or two of your wires have already been resoldered from careless fingers breaking them off. Make sure they have continuity.
I hate to admit it on this forum but I was a "Zenith only" guy for several years before buying any other brand radio Icon_biggrin I dug through my parts and came up with a few things I'd like to donate to getting that beautiful girl going again. The dial has some light crazing but is very presentable. I also found the eye tube hold down bracket with bolt and a good tone switch indicator. You have one of the clips missing that holds the glass and it would be at the 5 o'clock position if the dial was a clock face. I probably have the clip for you as well. Sorry that this is all I could dig up. I have a couple large boxes of Zenith shutter dial parts but they are buried deep in storage.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now? - by thirtiesradio - 07-14-2013, 02:44 AM