Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now?

Hey Ron, finally went through my mountains of notes from the Zenith (8s-463) and found the communications from Mark Oppat concerning the 6u5 tube conversion, and what he actually had was (and I did purchase it) a "complete wired socket that [I] sell for converting the eye tube to the less expensive but identical looking type 1629 tube. It's the easy way to go and all you do is wire it in where the existing wires go. The socket has the conversion circuit to make the 1629 work just like a 6g5/6u5, with the 1629 for $32". (3 years ago). As I recollect it did work, but for some reason, I wasn't totally happy with it (I don't think it closed completely, or didn't seem very intense, or something, so I rewired the original socket and installed a new meg-ohm resistor in it, and got a new 6u5 tube. That tube was very bright, closed completely and was very EXCITING to behold! Icon_thumbup I'm sure I'm not telling you much that you don't already know, but there it is. Sorry if I misled anyone speaking off the cuff like that. I shall check myself first in the future. Icon_redface

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zenith 9S262 - What have I done now? - by Electrothaumaturgist - 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM