Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Two Questions

Hi All;
Thank You, Mondial, And what I have is wired just the opposite of what you are stating.. I agree that looking down from the top of the tube it should be the Mirror immage of the picture in the RCA Tube book that I have, and come Monday morning, baring any other obligations, I will switch the wires back, and try it on all three tubes that I have and see If any of them will work and what my voltages are on each of the pins..
This is one of the reasons "why" I am so very much frustrated, is that it almost works, but not completely works.. And so in the back of my mind I am wondering IF it is because I have some or all or part of it wired Wrong.. I would not think I could get the Oscillator to work and the Dropping Resistor to put the correct voltage on Grid 2 (pin 4) of the 1C6 If I had it wired wrong.. I am not saying that I have it wired correctly I am trying to explain "WHY" I am confused..
So I will try all three Tubes that I have, taking down voltages on all of the Pins and recording them on paper.. Then I will reverse the wires back to what I had them wired at first, the correct way according to what I think is correct and what You (Mondail) are conveying to me and record the voltages on each pin and with each tube.. And see IF we can figure out why this circuit is acting this way..
THANK YOU Mondail for putting up with me and my ranblings and all my back and forth postings.. I hope after I post my findings it becomes perfectly clear what the correct wiring should be.. Or why it has been such a hassle for me.. I really Hope that after I re-wire the tubes it would work just like it is suppossed to work.. And that I had something I didn't see wired wrong and that was why it would not work and led me down this wild goose chase !!
THANK YOU Marty

Messages In This Thread
Two Questions - by marty - 08-25-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: Two Questions - by morzh - 08-25-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: Two Questions - by marty - 08-31-2013, 11:58 AM
RE: Two Questions - by marty - 08-31-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: Two Questions - by morzh - 08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Two Questions - by Mondial - 08-31-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Two Questions - by marty - 08-31-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: Two Questions - by BrendaAnnD - 09-01-2013, 02:52 AM
RE: Two Questions - by BrendaAnnD - 09-01-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Two Questions - by marty - 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM