Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season

Today, I sanded both cabinets, wiped both down carefully, then proceeded to spray a wash coat of clear followed by a couple coats of Medium Walnut on the 41-246. It seemed to turn out OK.

Before I sprayed the 41-246, though, I sprayed a clear coat on the 39-330AT, then began to spray Medium Walnut.

I guess I did not learn my lesson from earlier this year. I was spraying outside, and there was just enough breeze to take a lot of the lacquer away from the cabinet and leave the left and right side looking like it has walnut color stripes instead of a solid Medium Walnut color.

To add insult to injury, somehow (I do not know how this happened), I managed to knock two small pieces of veneer loose on the left side of the cabinet. Icon_cry Icon_redface Icon_mad Icon_evil

So now I have to glue the veneer chips back down, remove the streaky lacquer from both sides, and start again.

Edit: I forgot to mention...after the 39-330AT debacle, I took the 41-246 cabinet into the limited space of the garage, and sprayed it in there. Much better results. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 09-23-2013, 07:02 PM