Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie

Quite honestly, I don't want to tear this down completely, but then again, I don't want to have to be chasing problems with one fix here and one fix there if it involves unsoldering a lot of parts to get to each bad component. It's a judgement call at the moment. Since it appears that I'll have to remove many of the parts to get to some of the coils anyway, I'll consider a partial teardown. I'm still going to rebuild the capacitor blocks, since I already have the parts.

I have the chassis about 1/4 torn down and the first coil (and two capacitor blocks) out of the radio (on the side opposite the transformer). I'll look at the coil I have out now, rewind it if necessary, and continue after I receive Chuck Schwark's service packet. I may just test the coils first per your suggestion, reassemble what I removed, then test it. If it doesn't work then, I can still go for the teardown.

Thanks,
Jeff

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie - by boxjoint - 09-26-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie - by VintageVolts - 11-29-2013, 12:04 PM