Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-690 electrolytic capacitors--UPDATE

Mark, I agree, go high on the first cap off each powersupply filter network. The others 450 is probably fine. The challenge is to find some cans you can re-stuff and get rid of the ugly caps under the chassis. Often times with dimensions of the cans others have takeouts that can be restuffed. If they don't have the proper values on them, you can make a "label" as to what they are. That radio is just too nice to leave holes in the chassis. There a lot of people on the Phorum that can give you pictures and dimensions of the various cans. Neat radio, I may have to take a drive buy and see where your at on it. Sorry, the few cans I have probably won't match the physical size. Sad the tube shields and bases have been removed. Probably not hard to located from someone who has a junk chassis from anyone of a number of radios. Are we having fun yet?
Best, your friend slightly North. Jerry

PS: are you certain you need another radio to work on? This one should take you at least 6 months.

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 38-690 electrolytic capacitors - by jerryhawthorne - 02-21-2014, 03:26 PM