Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

mute philco 19 or 89 or all between

Hello
I have a philco that on some schematics looks like one philco but sometimes looks like another and so on. It's in the 19 to 89 models.
I've been dealing with 19B.
The radio will not pick up any stations what so ever. I've replaced all the caps "as well as the electrolytics", replaced any non working or out of tolerance resistors. I've done the audio test on the 75 tube and got a hum. tapped the pk plates on the 42 tube got a 178v not 200v.
Checked all the coils for leakages and continuity. That's fine.
Found a broken wire on the 2nd IF transformer and repaired it. I found the contact for that fix job and found continuity but the last two contacts for the other part of the transformer no continuity. Not sure it 's supposed to have continuity.
Found a loose wire under the protective cover for the out put transformer for the speaker. I have no idea where it goes.
Does anyone out there have a pic of the protective cover removed from the output transformer? I have difficulty reading schematics. and tell me if the 2nd IF transformer on both sides of the coils are supposed to have continuity?
I know this is a lot of info here but desperation dictates.
Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
mute philco 19 or 89 or all between - by confused1 - 08-25-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: mute philco 19 or 89 or all between - by confused2 - 08-29-2014, 08:37 AM
RE: mute philco 19 or 89 or all between - by confused2 - 08-29-2014, 08:51 AM