Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Found today in the local Goodwill.

That model was offered by Philco for 1941 and 1942. There was also a 41-RP-2, which had a lid on the cabinet to close while playing the records. As Ron has already said, those oscillators operated at the low end of ther AM band. The one you bought has had an antenna added to it, though it shouldn't be necessary. The Philco jobs coupled he output of the 6A7 into the AC line, and worked very well. The 42-RP-1 and a 42-RP-2, had slightly different cabinets, but the same players, otherwise. I have, or have had several wireless record players, and the Philco jobs are the best designed, and the best performing of any of them.

The 41-RP-2 that I have was owned by friends from new, and I have known it since then. It was used in their living room, with an old USR&T Radiotrope set, and worked like gangbusters. The RP-2 was replaced by a stereo phono, and they gave it to me. I seem to recall that he pickup cartridge was a high output type, but I'm not absolutely sure. Since I have a large 78 record collection, I use it once in a while.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Syl - 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Doug Houston - 01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Found today in the local Goodwill 2 - by DeckApe - 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Syl - 01-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Arran - 07-13-2009, 11:47 PM