Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Found today in the local Goodwill.

Hi Guys,

Thanks Syl for the diagram of the little amp. I have never worked with those surface mount things but should be no problem. Looks very good and when encased you'd barely see it. I assume the transistor is any small signal NPN type? I have some of those, but they are not surface mount, they should work.
I think however, I may try and rebuild the original. I will need to read your tutorial again for specifics. Whether to remove the element from another cart, or try to get a crystal bar element would be the only decision. I may have a newer cart around here I wil have to check. I had bought some stuff from a closing electronics store, and I think there were some cartridges in the stuff. Opening the cart would not be a problem, so I may give it a try, why not?

The main goal on this player is to get it to play as is should. Not worried about adding another input as I think the range of these is not that great.
As for the coupling to the AC line, I can't see where it shows that in the diagram. The antenna symbol is all that's shown on the diagram. I know the carpet tacks and the wire inside this one does not look original.

Take care, and I will get back to to you on what I find.
Gary.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Syl - 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Found today in the local Goodwill 2 - by DeckApe - 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Syl - 01-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by gary rabbitt - 01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Arran - 07-13-2009, 11:47 PM