Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A question: old console radios manufacturing quantities

(05-05-2015, 09:39 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  I think he meant, "Would there be any info out there compiled by Hugo Gernsback?"

Now...

There was a publication, I think it may have been Radio Retailing, that gave annual sales statistics for the industry as a whole - but as far as I know, they did not break these sales down by manufacturer, and they certainly did not break the numbers down to consoles vs. table models or what were once called "mantle" or "Baby Grand" sets which we now call "cathedrals" or "tombstones". Alan Douglas could confirm this.

I ran into some sort of article like that on the ARF site posting statistics about how many of what tube count, what cabinet style, price bracket, how many bands, etc. were sold, but it was from around 1936, and it did not give sales per manufacturer It was an interesting read, but of course it would never be able to answer the question regarding how many console radios were produced in total prior to the war.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question: old console radios manufacturing quantities - by Arran - 05-05-2015, 11:11 PM