Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Museum Quality Philco Console 37-690 Radio

No offense Sam, but without pictures we can't really say what your 690 is worth.  I've seen other people brag about a beautiful original finish that turns out to be much less, and like Mike said, most of us would rather do the electronics ourselves.

eBay is the place to get the most for your radio, but as pointed out you have all the fees to deal with along with the hassle of shipping if you want top dollar.  The 38-690 that recently sold cost the seller quite a bit more to ship than he anticipated, but he paid for the excess out of his own pocket.  If it were me I'd advertise the radio on the forums for significantly less than $3300 with a local pick-up or delivery to Kutztown, but that's just me wanting to avoid all the fees, buyer protection B.S., and the hassle of shipping a radio that size.

The Philco consolette you have pictured looks pretty clean, but I have no clue what it would bring at Kutztown.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Museum Quality Philco Console 38-690 Radio - by Eliot Ness - 09-09-2015, 09:23 AM