Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Candohm and push buttons for a Philco 41-280

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013415.pdf

This will be my first candohm build without a live person helping me out, so I have a couple of relatively uninformed questions for this set.

The candohm has three sections with 146 ohms, 31 ohms, and 15 ohms. Can I replace those sections with 150 ohms, 30 ohms, and 15 ohms at 5 watts? or should the 146 ohm section be 10 watts? Also, should my replacement candohm be grounded to the chassis at both ends or at all?

Also, does it matter whichend of the candohm I connect the negative leads of the electrolytics? The schematic seems to indicate the negative leads of the 16uf and 8uf caps ground at the same spot, but in the set, the 8uf and the 12 uf are in the same mute-section tube, so they ground at the same spot. Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I will likely place the wiring as it is now.

Also a mechanical issue: the pushbutton next to the on/off button is stuck in the "on" position. All of the other buttons work as they should, popping back up when another button is pressed. The label for the stuck button is not present, so any information about that one would be appreciated.

Also, any idea why there is a .003 uf 1000v cap on the tone control?

Charlie in San Antonio