Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wattage on a Silvertone 7036 resistor?

No, the flex ohm is the 400 ohm one next to it on the schematic. The flexohm still works, so I'm leaving it. I can't find the parts list in my high-res Rider's volumes, either.

At this point, I'd rather get there mathematically, so I can be sure I get it right on future rebuilds. This radio was never a great set to begin with, but whoever repaired it in the 40s or 50s took some liberties and was fairly sloppy at soldering. I'm just trying to put it back to the way the schematic says it should be. It has a replacement transformer that shows about what you'd expect for resistance on the primary and the secondaries, but I haven't put any power on it, yet.

It was a $5 radio for me, so I'm using it as a learning experience. It reminds me of a cheap Air King I worked on. It has a round cardboard tube on the side with the loop antenna glued to it. The cabinet is going to be fun, too. It's missing a piece of trim across the grille cloth, and part of the cabinet between the dial and the push buttons is broken off and gone, so I'm going to try to fabricate both parts. I'm sure it will cost me more than I would ever make on it, but I'm learning about some octal tubes and having fun.

Charlie in San Antonio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wattage on a Silvertone 7036 resistor? - by ccomer1955 - 08-29-2015, 10:56 AM