Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deforest Crosleys'Best for 1936

Dan;
  That looks like the DeForest-Crosley version of a Rogers Ten-60, called a Connaught I think, the main difference being the dial and how many pilot lamps it has, both use the same type 26 chassis. In any event they are a crowded chassis to work on, most of the components are mounted on hand wired circuit boards vertically mounted on the inside back and along the inside right of the chassis. Also, just to make things fun, they used spade terminal type resistors in them that they used as tie points rather then proper terminals like in an RCA or a Philco, and the boards are connected to the tube sockets and coils with rotting rubber/gutta percha wire. To rebuild the boards in mine I ended up making detailed diagrams of where everything went, and to replace the spade terminal resistors I drilled out the holes in the boards slightly and installed 1/8'' brass plated steel grommets/eyelets to act as connection points since the resistors were all badly drifted, much like a Zenith TV chassis from the 1960s and 70s, insert a lead, fill with solder. When that was no sufficient I made a loop out of 18 gauge wire and stuffed it through a metal grommet to act as a tie point. I still have the diagrams I made, I can scan them and send them to you.
Regards
Arran

P.S Here's a service diagram, unfortunately Rogers did not see fit to create a wiring diagram nor a pictoral layout of the two circuit boards, something that RCA was good for:

http://pacifictv.ca/schematics/rogers10-60data.pdf

Messages In This Thread
Deforest Crosleys'Best for 1936 - by Dan Walker - 10-23-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Deforest Crosleys'Best for 1936 - by Arran - 10-25-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Deforest Crosleys'Best for 1936 - by SteveG - 10-25-2015, 11:52 PM