Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I picked up a Queen Elizabeth 11-11

Arran,    I agree with you , that it was another sort of gimmick ,but I still would like to get it working properly.
  Can you suggest a bulb to use in that ''Short wave Loop' 'system?  I have a 47 in there now. it is a screw base.    There is nothing to take apart, and the only cleaning is to wipe off the plastic attached to the tuning wheel. There are no moving parts, other than the wheel.
   I have already recapped the radio and I didn't restuff the caps . I was going to restuff the three in the cardboard box but decided against it.
  My signal generator [Echo 324] was out a bit so when I did the alignment it didn't come out real good.. I now have it calibrated, so the alignment will be done today.
  Since you have a Rogers 10-12 you are probably keeping an eye out for Rogers parts and so forth.. What I need  is a power supply and a clock for one of mine. I know they don't come up very often, but Keep me in mind if ANY parts come available.
    I know shipping would be a lot but they don't make them any more.
                 The Rogers 4821 also had the same clock and there is another Rogers console with the same power supply. I did one for a friend of mine but I can't remember the model number.
     As you know I have two 10-12s and I have the same problem with one of them, in that someone had tried to reengineer a bunch of things, so every once in a while, when I am in the mood I stand them up beside each other and go through the wiring, and change the wire in the bad one to match the good one. I will post a photo of the recapped version later today

Thanks for the input   Dan

Living in Calgary Alberta

Messages In This Thread
RE: I picked up a Queen Elizabeth 11-11 - by Dan Walker - 01-26-2016, 10:19 AM