Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco 49-1611 Record Player Inop

Hello everyone! I hope this is in the right forum.
I just acquired a 49-1611 Cabinet, long story short my friends uncle passed away 2 years ago and apparently this thing was in working order now it is not after sitting unused for 2 years.

I have no user manual for this and no idea how to operate it, I turn the knob on and the radio works fine, I switch the knob to Phono and i have no idea what is supposed to happen. I put a record on the turntable and there is a switch for reg and long play some sort of mechanism that twists around from 10 inch to 12 inch and another switch that is marked rej/auto/man at no point will the turntable spin on it's own if i spin it by hand the arm will raise up and move on to the record the tone arm will move to the edge of the record.

As for my level of expertise I am an auto mechanic of 25+ years and i also restore/mod computers and video game consoles from the 70's and 80's. I can read schematics and have multimeters and soldering equipment.

So my questions: Are there any common failures with these units?
Where is the best place to get a user and or repair manual? and parts?
If this model is gonna be a headache to repair would I be better off taking it to the local
repair shop because don't want to waste alot of anyone's time especially since i'm new
here.

Thank you for your time.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 49-1611 Record Player Inop - by Mr Kroogur - 05-02-2016, 08:44 PM