Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crosley Adventurer

I found this unusual Crosley console at an estate sale today. At first I thought someone had hacked another chassis into the cabinet until I realized this model was built with the shortwave converter included. They were asking $100, but I managed to at least get them down to $70 on this unit. It was too unusual to pass up. On the good side, it seems to be a rare beast, with little information out there about it. Luckily, it uses parts from other Crosley radios. The down side is that it's missing a tube, only one knob is left, on control shaft on the shortwave converter is broke off flush with the cabinet, and some fool stuck their hand through the speaker, ruining the cone. Still, it has possibilities and I now finally have my pre-war Crosley console I've been wanting. That means the bulky postwar Crosley console can be sold and exit stage left. Icon_smile
Edit: Just found out the guy who used to do speakers up in Lima, Ohio, which wasn't overly far from me, moved down to Georgia recently. Seems everyone who knows anything are leaving Ohio!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Messages In This Thread
Crosley Adventurer - by Jayce - 06-21-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Crosley Adventurer - by Eliot Ness - 06-22-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: Crosley Adventurer - by Dan Walker - 06-22-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Crosley Adventurer - by palegreenthumb - 06-23-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: Crosley Adventurer - by Jayce - 06-24-2016, 07:03 PM