Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Knight KG-670 R/C tester restoration attempt

Moving on to the next subject. I have a Knight Capacitor tester that I want to restore and calibrate. I started the project a couple of years ago, but it went into the box when the "Remodel" project started. I have found some instructions on the internet about calibrating these. Seems I got stalled out trying to get a precision 2mf reference cap. Sure stinks when you have to stop in the middle of a project like this, then try to resume a couple of years later Icon_e_confused
I have had this tester from a youth. My bad was drilling the front panel for a power switch! I may just put in a pilot lamp instead.

My uncle built this in 1964, and I have all the original books. He played a hand in sparking my interest in electronics with his books and test equipment. I restored a Knight KG-690 signal tracer, also built by my uncle, right before the madness of our remodel started.

Neat thing, this has been in the family since new.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Knight KG-670 R/C tester restoration attempt - by TV MAN - 08-14-2016, 04:06 PM