Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 643 color scheme and modification

Ron Ramirez Wrote:Yes. The "PHILCO" name on the right is the correct font for 1932-36 Philco models, and was also used on some 1937 models. Only the originals were more of a copper color rather than gold, but at least the font is correct on these.

You folks may get tired of my complaining about the RD Philco decals. The way I look at it is like this: We owe it to future generations to get the details right in the reproductions we make, else we shouldn't do them at all. That's one man's opinion.

I agree completely, if you are going to pay the price for a reproduction it should at least be an accurate reproduction, and that includes the reproduction dials. I'm getting a little tired of the same lame excuses over a small market and limited profit potential over what amounts to a few hours time (like the decals for example), the old car guys reproduce parts all the time and they won't rest until they get it right, it's their passion for the hobby that drives them. If they made these items without issue 50, 60, 70, and even 80 years ago with limited technology, no computers, and chemical know how why can't they make them the right way now? Maybe we should start up a new restoration supply company for Philco parts?
Regards
Arran

P.S Sorry to get off topic on Bob's thread but he also seems like the sort that wants to do things right.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 643 color scheme and modification - by Arran - 08-19-2011, 07:18 PM