Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Airline Movie Dial model 62-309 - FINISHED!

Oh boy.

I seem to have a knack for finding majorly "modified" sets. So I'm hoping some of the phine phorum members who are a lot more knowledgeable on un-modifiying other's ideas back to schematic correct can give me some much needed guidance. Perhaps my savior on many occasions previously, Terry, can have a look.

First here is the schematic:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/435/M0011435.htm

I'll start with an "easy" question....the tuning knob does not move the tuning capacitor or the movie dial drum manually. It's froze. There is an electric motor for tuning and I'm wondering if the set needs to be under power and the motor running for the tuning mechanism to function, either manually or with electrical assist?

Now the fun part...someone was trying to convert this to some type of push-pull configuration and added two extra speakers and an extra audio output transformer. AND...added an extra tube! A 6SC7...

1.) A 6L6 was subbed for the 6F6. My tube substitution manual doesn't list a 6L6 as a substitute. Are they compatible?

2.) An extra RCA jack was added with two slide off/on switches attached to it. It says "TV or FM" and then below it "Phono". Now there already was a factory RCA jack for phono on the back of the chassis. Should this just be cut out and eliminated? :

3.) Here's the extra audio output transformer mounted on top of the chassis, top and bottom view. I assume this was added to power two extra speakers mounted below the main speaker?

4.) Here is the extra added 6SC7 tube top and bottom. This looks to be a total mess and how is the best way to eliminate this?

More to come....

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
Airline Movie Dial model 62-309 - FINISHED! - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 04-23-2017, 09:09 PM