Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Conar 223

I bought a Conar 223 for a decent price. I need to replace the bulb that displays if there's a short, but otherwise it looks like it just sat in an attic for years.

I wanted something simple to start with, that doesn't have a complex calibration procedure. The only calibration to do on this is replace caps and resistors when they go out of spec. I'll check and replace those as needed next week.

Setup is pretty simple following the data sheets. I tested a couple of 71A tubes yesterday just for kicks, both were in the "good" range (can't check for shorts since the bulb is broken, will buy a new one soon). However, I'm not exactly sure is I'm testing my 27 tube correctly... it has 5 pins and after rotating it enough I was able to line it up and insert using the same socket as the 4-pin 71As. When I followed the test procedure the needle went all the way left, which tells me either my 27 is bad or I did the test wrong.

My question is, does anyone else have a Conar 223 and if so, am I using the right socket for the 5-pin 27 tube?

Also, I'm guessing the wire lead with the clip on top is for testing my #24 tubes?

Greg

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

Messages In This Thread
Conar 223 - by WallaceRoger - 05-11-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Conar 223 - by Radioroslyn - 05-11-2017, 01:21 PM
RE: Conar 223 - by WallaceRoger - 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Conar 223 - by WallaceRoger - 05-12-2017, 01:20 PM