Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

High concentration of radios in North/Northeast

I had a similar train of thought: concentration of wealth, proliferation of manufacturers, etc. From the 1920s to as late as the 1950s, the majority of the south was still undeveloped and poor. Like you, I've resigned myself to harsh reality that if I am ever going to own the kind of console Philco radio I want, I'm going to have to drive perhaps a 1000 miles. I can fully appreciate driving 21 hours round trip. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and there was a guy in Houston whose father died and left behind some Philco radios he was selling. Before I could could get away to drive to Houston, the radios were snapped up. There was a guy in Vermont who had the exact console Philco I wanted. I was going to send him the money to pay for the radio and hold it until I could find some way to get it. After facing reality, I let it go. Oh well. I'm hoping to find someone in the forum with a console Philco to sell and hang on to it until I can orchestrate some way to get. So, the search continues. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. as always, Garrett Meadows

Messages In This Thread