Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Radiobar 1940-1941 Chippendale

Hello everyone!  I am a newbie to your site and any kind of forums.  I just acquired a very large Chippendale Radiobar (1940 or 1941) at one of the antique malls here in Albuquerque.   It has a Philco model 40-508 radio chassis and a Philco automatic record changer model 35-1180.  I am having a hard time trying to distinquish whether it is a model 200-RBR or a RP-200? Maybe a different radio or phono?  Everything seems to be correct including a full set of original glassware. The 6 silver stripe glass decanters have have silver chain medallions that hang from the top of them inscribed with scotch, bourbon, etc.   Other earlier Radiobar decanters have inscriptions on the decanters themselves. The other glassware including the ice bucket seem to be original and the same as some of the earlier Radiobar models with Federal Glassware.  Also, note the unusual bar light covers.  

I want to be as accurate as possible on this restoration and would appreciate any information from anyone out there and from someone that might have one.  I have checked with a few Radiobar people on other websites and this seems to be the only one they have ever seen. 

As you can see from the pictures, the cabinet, glass, and chrome are in very good shape.  I am going to keep the original finish on the cabinet and chrome.  I will be cleaning and redoing the electronics on the radio and will try my electro mechanical skills on the phono. or (Anyone out there repair this type of phono?) I will post info and pics of my progress on this unit.  

Anyway, I am very excited about this new project and my wife will even allow me to put it in our living room!!

Thanks,
Ron  

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Philco Radiobar 1940-1941 Chippendale - by Philcoron - 09-23-2017, 01:40 PM