Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

when it rains, it pours...

You may have seen my other thread about the 37-630 I had the opportunity to buy cheap....then within days, I found a good deal on a decent 37-116x (that I am going to pick up on Sunday)....I was a little hesitant about the complicated rebuild on the '116x....thinking I might want something a little simpler in order to build some skills, as I have little working experience....so I'm thinking I'll stash the 37-116x for a while, until I am more confident...and in the mean time, pick up some cheaper sets to learn on.

Yesterday, I was in my small hometown's hardware store chit-chatting with the help...the talk turned to projects we were working on ....and I mentioned old radios.  One of the guys said, 'hey I have my parent's old Philco in my basement, you want it?'......long story, short, it's a 40-195 with a cabinet in awesome shape...doesn't play (he said)...but he wants $20.  The style doesn't interest me...and I hate to see him get rid of his parent's radio...so I told him I'd think about it.  Like I said, I'd never seek one of these out....and would never consider paying decent money or driving to get one and I've read about the rubber wiring...but it's cheap, real nice shape, 3 blocks from my house.. and I could use the experience....so I might snag it.   

All of this happened in like a week.

Messages In This Thread
when it rains, it pours... - by dal61 - 10-05-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: when it rains, it pours... - by Radioroslyn - 10-05-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: when it rains, it pours... - by Ron Ramirez - 10-05-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: when it rains, it pours... - by dal61 - 10-05-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: when it rains, it pours... - by Ron Ramirez - 10-05-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: when it rains, it pours... - by Radioroslyn - 10-05-2017, 08:52 PM