Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 cathedral survived a trip to Ukraine

Pack it right and they shall receive Icon_lol

I shielded the back with a piece of cardboard so the peanuts or bubbles don't get inside, then shielded the front with a Styrofoam board I had on hand, then stabilized the spaces in the first box (slightly larger than the radio) with peanuts, then taped the first box, then put it in the second box that had about 2" on each side and about 1" on top (otherwise the next size up box would have 5" on each side and would cost $50 instead of $15 - I considered the spacing sufficient), having put 2" of peanuts on the bottom first, and then filled each side and top spaces with peanuts and bubbles I had on hand. This seems to work.
Again, it traveled by sea, so I do not know if air travel is inherently more dangerous or not. It does travel in trucks at least some as it has to be delivered to the port and from the port to the local office of the carrier.
I'd say if all had to be bought from UPS store (I bought the large box from them), it would be app. $30 to $35 in packing materials. Obviously if one is in the business of shipping stuff, buying from Uline in bulk should make it much cheaper.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 16 cathedral survived a trip to Ukraine - by morzh - 10-10-2017, 12:53 PM