Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a Philco Predicta Debutante

Ive officially gone Predicta crazy and now have 2. I picked up a Predicta debutante the other day off eBay about 5 miles from my house. It think it was a UG-3408C model, the first part of the sticker is missing all I see is 8C. It has a 17 inch screen, and looks to have been black before the surface rust got to it. I took the CRT cover off to test the Picture tube, and in big letters someone wrote 6.3v and the tube has a sticker on it that says its a direct replacement for Philco picture tubes, requires no rewiring, then  it gives multiple models and one of them is the original 17" Predicta 2.3v tube, and I can see in the black plastic on the back it actually says Philco. I didnt test it because I wasnt sure what plug to use. I have a B & K 465 and both plugs A and B fit. IN the setup guide most 17 inch tubes use plug B but the predicta 17 tube is plug A. Also I dont know what to set my G1 and 2 voltages to. Has anyone seen this type of tube before? I dont want to take the whole CRT Case apart if I dont have to, but from what I see I cant find any model numbers at all.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Just picked up a Philco Predicta Debutante - by apERNA1985 - 03-29-2018, 11:33 AM