Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco G1909S Need info to help with Restoration

I have a Philco G1909S which was purchased by my wife's grandparents in 1959.  I am planning a restoration and am assembling a shopping list.
I have found the circuit diagram for the amp, but have not had any luck finding info about the tuner circuit.  The tuner circuit is a Model RT-202-3.  I found a page from PR-3262 that states that service info for this circuit is in document PR-3263.  I have no idea where to find this document.  I am trying to determine what parts I should replace as well as any alignment procedures for the tuner.
As far as the power amp, I am planning on replacing all the electrolytics and the B+ filter cap before I turn it back on.  Are there any other components I should consider replacing?  Should I replace the components in the crossover circuits in the speakers?  Should I be worried about the selenium rectifier getting trashed by new caps?  I plan on matching existing capacitor values to reduce stress on rectifier.
Everything seems to be in fairly good shape, with the exception of 2 missing knobs.  The record player works and audio sounds pretty good, but once everything heats up, audio output gets reduced dramatically.  Is there anything I should be checking that may cause this sypmtom other than capacitors?  I also plan on cleaning all tube sockets and potentiometers.
This is my first experience with Philco radios, so I have lots to learn!
I would really appreciate any help or advice.

Messages In This Thread
Philco G1909S Need info to help with Restoration - by ClemsonEngineer - 04-18-2018, 03:14 PM
RE: Need info to help with Restoration - by morzh - 04-18-2018, 06:25 PM