Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Predicta Princess Question

Hi Guys, I had a question I was hoping you could answer. I have a Predicta Princess with the 10L43 chassis. I bought this Tv from an 70 year old collector of everything and the story he told me was he found it on the curb in roughly 1974, he used it for a while even watched the bicentennial on it, one day he got bored and took the tubes out to clean them and dust the cabinet. He never put it back together because he had gotten a color Tv. When I got the TV he handed me an old Montgomery Ward box with the tubes and the rag still in it. The set looks near mint, I tried to bring it up on my variac but didn't get much of anything out of it. Just a few dimly lit tubes, and no glow from the 2 tubes that are connected to the flyback. Then left it on the shelf waiting for me to finish my tandem. So anyway I was having a bad day and was hoping for some instant gratification, so I went to the local electronics supply and bought all the electrolytic caps to replace all the multi-section caps and the one big cardboard cap. So as of now it has all new filter caps, but everything else is original. I plugged it in and I have no picture, but the heater for the Picture tube lights up, all the tubes have a nice bright glow except for the 2 tubes connected to the fly-back the transformer in the Sam's Photofact labeled T2 is buzzing, and I can hear the same buzz through the speaker, also the tube next to the T2 transformer is getting hotter than the rest. I want to see if I can just fix this set rather than do a full recap. Where should I start to look next. Also I did test the Picture tube with my picture tube tester and it came up very strong.

Messages In This Thread
Predicta Princess Question - by apERNA1985 - 11-29-2018, 01:07 PM
RE: Predicta Princess Question - by Radioroslyn - 11-29-2018, 02:09 PM
RE: Predicta Princess Question - by apERNA1985 - 11-29-2018, 04:15 PM
RE: Predicta Princess Question - by apERNA1985 - 11-29-2018, 08:21 PM
RE: Predicta Princess Question - by apERNA1985 - 12-04-2018, 09:05 PM