Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eyelet Information Required

Thanks again Phlogiston
Locating these in my location is easier said than done requiring driving about 60 miles one way hopefully finding something. I stopped at a Walmart where they had eyelets but these fall into the flimsy category you mentioned I suspect. Trying to determine what I need without drilling an eyelet out I'm feebly attempting to measure or guesstimate using drill bits. My eyelets I can smoothly slide a 1/8 inch drill bit through the center hole. There is an unused hole directly beside a toob socket that a 11/64 inch bit can be snugly pushed through and if my questionable conversions are correct 11/64 is 4.36 millimeters or .014 inches larger than 4 millimeters. The Walmart eyelets are 4 millimeter BUT the hole in the middle certainly is larger than 1/8 inches. I brought the drill bits along to attempt to locate a suitable replacement. Would you be kind enough (please and thank you) to slide a bit through the center hole of your eyelets to determine if yours are the same size? Also what brand are yours including dimentions? Why don't I just drill out and measure some might ask? Well if finding a usable substitute to the originals is proving to be a challenge, it would result in a flimsy replacement of a nut and bolt. Yes it is a British set but American Philco most likely supplied the chassis and components and the radios were most likely just assembled across the pond with the exception of that PEN/DD/61 being unique and manufactured by Mazda Valve (ugggggg valves and tooobs) From what I see in pictures the chassis looks very similar to North American sets with the exception of tube layout and the one I.F. Transformer located under the chassis on mine. Also it uses a 78E, 6A7, and an 80 Rectifier with the typical sockets yours uses. American Philco hardware with a Bakelite cabinet possibly made by EKco.

Messages In This Thread
Eyelet Information Required - by Philco444 - 12-30-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: Eyelet Information Required - by Phlogiston - 12-31-2018, 10:43 AM
RE: Eyelet Information Required - by Philco444 - 01-01-2019, 04:58 AM
RE: Eyelet Information Required - by Phlogiston - 01-01-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: Eyelet Information Required - by Philco444 - 01-14-2019, 01:39 PM