Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unknown cathedral radio... HELP !

Things were going so well, then DISASTER ! I have the cabinet all done. The escutcheon polished up nicely, and then I shot it with some clear poly to keep it from tarnishing quickly. The new grill cloth looks very nice with it, since it is gold and black. I had reconnected the speaker, and tested the radio on my bench. It was working OK, so I started to put it back into the cabinet. Now I had decided to change the speaker mounting from 4 small wood screws put in through the back into the speaker board, to 4 flat head machine screws put in from the front of the speaker board, before I put on the cloth, with nuts on the inside, the the speaker, and 4 more nuts to hold it on. Well, the speaker didn't quite line up on the screws. Went to remove it, and the thick cardboard ring around the edge of the cone hung up on the threads, tore the cone to bits. Needless to say the air turned blue. I am sending the speaker to Nick Dorazio at The Speaker Shop in Savannah GA. Let him fit it up with a new cone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unknown cathedral radio... HELP ! - by KCMike - 07-01-2019, 07:04 AM
RE: Unknown cathedral radio... HELP ! - by mikethedruid - 07-20-2019, 05:00 PM