Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

84b rebuild but only one station

its taken a while but i am getting close to the end.after finding several wiring errors that were corrected it finally plays music but only on a 640kc station,im no radio expert by any means but it appears to be in the oscillator somewhere.i read all the coils during the rebuild all measured ok.its been recapped and all the resistors are modern it plays quite loudly if turned all the way up.its currently hooked up to the concertina wire atop my wall for a antenna.ive rechecked the oscillator wiring and i dont see any errors.ive swapped the 77 tubes but it made no difference.the variable tuning cap i cleaned in dish washing soap brushing as much that was possible.i deoxited the shaft wipers and lubed them and the bearings and cleaned all the trimmer caps to include those on the tuning cap. the hardest part was trying not to get lost as the color coding on the wires disappeared decades ago and yes it has a 'GIMMICK'. i'm new at this and am visiting from audio karma.any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
84b rebuild but only one station - by falcon123 - 08-07-2019, 07:41 AM
RE: 84b rebuild but only one station - by Chas - 08-07-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: 84b rebuild but only one station - by Chas - 08-07-2019, 09:48 PM