Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it
Photo 

Hello everyone, I'm new here, and I came across this site while I was researching an old Philco Tombstone radio I had bought on Facebook Marketplace last night for $75

Anyways Its a 1936 Philco Model 116B according to what I was able to find out on the Philco Archive on here.

I would like to know a little information on what I have and how to go about properly fixing it up electrically as this Radio seems to of had several botched repair jobs on it in the past that will need to be reverse and repaired.

one of the issues is that the power switch seems to of been bypassed on this radio at one point in time in its history as the radio powers on right when its plugged in and the power switch does nothing with the radio. 

2nd issue is trying to get the shadow meter up and running properly again, and also trying to take care of the old bakelite capacitor blocks and getting those restuffed with modern capacitors, and also getting the power supply filter caps replaced.

Another issue is that there are 3 tube sockets on this radio that appear as if they should of had shields over them but then when I try to put tube shields over them the anode cap wiring gets kinked under the tube shield because the anode cap wire runs under where the tube shield would sit and then into the underside of the radio chassis.

Also I'll need a reproduction tube placement chart for the inside of the radio cabinet as the original tube placement chart has long since disappeared from the inside of the radio.

Any help and info on this Radio would be very much appreciated.

-Levi

Pictures of the unit in question is posted below.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Just picked up a 1936 Philco 116B Tombstone Radio Today and need some info on it - by captainclock1988 - 12-09-2019, 06:14 PM