Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1948 Westinghouse Model 1821 (182) audio problems

Greetings everyone, I had acquired from a local garage sale through Facebook Marketplace in the middle of last year a 1948 Westinghouse 1821 (182 according to Riders) Chassis Number V-2128 that for some reason or another won't pick up any stations on either the AM or FM Band and I checked the tubes and they all seemed to test fine, and I replaced almost all of the paper caps in this set except for 5 of them (which i didn't have them on hand at the moment) and the filter cap can I left in place because it was one of those Aerovox Dry Electrolytic Cans that I have yet to have one fail on me yet because my Philco 116B I have has 3 of them on its chassis and all 3 of them still work without any problems and I also have a 1942 Zenith 10S690 radio that also has one that is still good yet and I also had a 1932 Westinghouse Tombstone Radio that had some in them and they still worked on that as well, and This Westinghouse H-1821 has one as well and it doesn't have any hum to it yet either.

Anyways this Westinghouse H-1821 absolutely refuses to receive any stations whatsoever on either AM or FM its absolutely dead silent, and I don't know why it would be doing that. Odd part is, I had an old Philco 46-1203 AM Radio/Record player combo unit that the record player part worked perfect yet on its original crystal cartridge but the radio part wouldn't receive any radio stations and I couldn't figure out what was causing it to not recive radio signals, and so I scrapped it out, but this Westinghouse is doing the same thing as my old Philco 46-1203 did on me, except that this radio has the addition of an FM band that also isn't receiving signals.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I could look for as far as what might be causing this radio to not recieve any signals?

thanks for your help in this matter.

Levi

Messages In This Thread
1948 Westinghouse Model 1821 (182) audio problems - by captainclock1988 - 04-13-2020, 02:28 PM