Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 84b in todays "world"

so the philco 60 speaker arrived and was installed un eventfully. i aligned it again just for grins and have been using it in the shop. theres a helluva lot RFI around here but its hard to tell just how much,and how much progress has been made in modern am radio that versus a 90 year old design.all my sets are grounded even the workshop pioneer sx 1500td radio.its reasonable early in the am then degenerates from there on a.m. last night i woke up at 3am couldnt sleep so i turned on the news and made some coffee. I was trying to figure out what one could do at 0300. well lets turn on the philco! i got my flashlite, turned off the chinese leds and tuned in reception was markedly improved. but still there was a lot of interstation noise especially above 790. what else could there be??? why the security cameras dummy!!!! as theres a camera keeping watch outside the workshop door.i killed power to the system and i was rewarded with excellent am reception and almost zero junk between stations ! it was truly a miracle of our new modern age! a decent sounding  90 year old radio.i hadnt heard a.m.sound that good since i left hawaii! i can see how philco didnt have much trouble selling them in '34 and am radio given as there was nothing else must have been a pleasure back before the chinese and their cheap e gadgets killed it

Messages In This Thread
philco 84b in todays "world" - by falcon123 - 05-04-2020, 07:22 AM
RE: philco 84b in todays "world" - by falcon123 - 05-04-2020, 08:18 AM
RE: philco 84b in todays "world" - by falcon123 - 05-04-2020, 07:43 PM