Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420

Quote:I guess you have a couple of options. The first is to order the cable and a couple of 2mm banana plugs and swap them out.

The second is to order a couple of adapters. I did a search on "4mm to 2mm banana plug adapter" and got some hits... eBay probably has a ton but because of possible shipping delays I'd stay away from Chinese vendors.

I guess a third option is to search for "BNC to 2MM banana plug.".

I just thought of a 4th option. Change the 2mm banana female connector to the more common 4mm female connector.

Yes, I was thinking of doing that, because I noticed that on these cables the banana plugs on them are just fastened onto the wire with a setscrew.

EDIT: I just got some parts in for making my Radio City Products signal Generator Work with my BNC Test Cables and I plugded in my Signal Generator, tested it out on a known working solid state GE clock radio from the late 1970s and sure enough it works! It works flawlessly, it puts out a nice clean sounding 400 Hz test tone on all 6 bands of the signal generator (unlike my Heatkit unit).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420 - by captainclock1988 - 05-12-2020, 12:54 PM