Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Perpetuum Ebner Rex Deluxe alignment

I feel the turntable deserves a separate thread as it is, well, a thing in itself.

I am almost done with the record changer.

Almost, because I am trying to make the disks drop one at a time when the cycle is on.

I have just adjusted the height of the tonearm to the required 2-3/4" above the platter when it is raised; I am not sure about the spindle.
It does go up and down but either the record does not fall, or they all fall, or the tonearm is stuck and it takes manually turning the spindle a bit and then something clicks and the tonearm returns and tries to fall on the record.
The feeler works.

The spindle is this (photo)

If the bottom small black cylinder that is used to pull the spring record holders down is pulled all the way, it feels that it clicks into that position.
I am not sure what it should be like. If someone knows please tell me. Including whether it is simply inserted in the center or it should be aligned in a certain way.

I am more of an electronics guy, and not really mechanical type. To some degree I can handle but this changer is really complex.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Perpetuum Ebner Rex Deluxe alignment - by morzh - 12-21-2020, 03:30 PM