Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Decal Advice

I have a nicely restored 37-116.  The only problem is the decals are in   various shape.
I posted a pic of what looks like someone may have replaced the treble decal at one time next to the volume decal which looks original
like the others.
I tried spraying a small amount of lacquer over the old ones and sanded/polished to shine them up but to no avail.  There really is a bigger difference in lower light than you can see in the pics.  I'd like to get them all looking the same.

I bought a 37-116 decal set from radiodaze thinking i could put the new decals over the old ones.  But they are not the same (second pic -- you can see i stopped sanding it).  The font is slightly different and you can clearly see the arrow size is different so putting new over old isnt going to  work.  Now maybe someone did replace these decals a long time ago with non original ones   but the bottom lines is they dont match.  So.....

1. Is there another source of decals i can try?  Im hoping i can just put new over old. and a clear coat on top.

2.  The cabinet is in otherwise really nice shape so i dont not want to respray the whole thing.  I could just sand the decals out.  Are they only in the upper clear layers?  If i dont need to sand too far. a bit of precise lacquer to build up where i sanded can work and then replace the decals so they all match,  but as you all know is a pain and hard to get right.

All ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Decal Advice - by poulsbobill - 07-31-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Decal Advice - by klondike98 - 07-31-2021, 12:32 PM
RE: Decal Advice - by Phlogiston - 07-31-2021, 12:40 PM
RE: Decal Advice - by klondike98 - 07-31-2021, 01:33 PM
RE: Decal Advice - by mikethedruid - 07-31-2021, 01:52 PM