Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ANTIQUE 1928 AMERICAN BOSCH CONSOLE CABINET RADIO 48AA

OK - so I was snookered on my Philco purchase of the 1921 Highboy with the transistor radio inside, this is what I picked up in Temecula from someone selling on Facebook.  

I presume that this radio is worth more than I paid if it works.  I was told that the radio was working when it was inherited by the seller.  He was going to plug it in but I asked him not to.  I read somewhere that you should slowly raise the voltage up when checking out a new, old radio.  Is that true?  I do have a voltage cranker upper somewhere in my garage.  (we just moved boxes everywhere)  Cant get to my tools or my ICOM 7300 radio.  All buried.

Are there any recommendations for checking out a new old radio out there?  Right now we will probably spend a few bucks buying a new cover cloth for the speaker.  The speaker by the way was a cone suspended by radial pieces of electrical tape!  Hmmmm

This radio is made by American Bosch.  The radio number is 48AA.  

I'll see if anything glows when I get some time.  If I need parts, I'll shop around.  Looks like fun!

Cheers!
Rocketman.  ....  burning out his fuse up here alone (in case you were wondering what Elton John was singing all these years)

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
ANTIQUE 1928 AMERICAN BOSCH CONSOLE CABINET RADIO 48AA - by Rocketman - 08-04-2021, 12:32 AM