Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How did Zenith push so much sound out that little 35C5?

Some of you might recall how I did a little fun comparison between my Zenith C845 table radios and my small collection of German radios from the same era and being surprised how well the Zeniths kept up with them sound and overall performance-wise. Tonight I am listing to my model H725Z1 from roughly 1951 and am once again amazed how well this thing sounds after it 'punished' me for letting it sit a while. Now, the sound on this radio is a bit more mellow than the later c845 with its added tweeter, but still a good sounding AM-FM unit for the time. Local little FM station has been playing 70's and 80's rock this evening and I would say Zeppelin sounded darn good on this radio when I cranked it up a bit. Sort of like having a small jukebox sitting on the shelf on the head of my bed. (Actually, this radio is like an old jukebox, it hates to be left sitting too long!). A lot of big sound out of that little 35C5. Oh, now some Queen just came on! Icon_biggrin

No matter where you go, there you are.

Messages In This Thread
How did Zenith push so much sound out that little 35C5? - by Jayce - 09-12-2021, 05:55 PM