Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crosley 181 alignment information needed

Hi Phil. I just had a look at the schematic for your Crosley 181. It's not a very good document but it's the only one I can find right now and it doesn't have any instructions for alignment. So I will attempt to get you started. First off number the tubes in the schematic 1 to 6, left to right top to bottom. The IF amplifier tube is tube 2, the 58 tube and pin 2 of that tube is the plate. The plate is connected to the primary of the second IF transformer. The top cap of tube 2 is the control grid and is connected to the secondary of the first IF transformer. Following these two wires should point you to the IF transformers. From your photo,I don't see them on top of the chassis so it appears they will be below. My experience is that when the transformers are under the chassis then the tuning caps are external from the transformers. You will have to identify this and mark them accordingly. Remember that the IF frequency is 456khz. Before proceeding to other adjustments do the IF alignment first.

Messages In This Thread
Phil27 - by Phil27 - 10-03-2021, 11:45 AM
Phil27 - by Phil27 - 10-18-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: Crosley 181 alignment information needed - by RodB - 10-18-2021, 06:03 PM