Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where to now?

After taking a deep dive into old radio programs in the early 1970's I picked up a Philco 41-608P console. Recapped and aligned it. I replaced the original turntable with a Sony TC250  tape deck and wired it into the phono input. I was able to acquire some 7 1/2 inch reels of old radio programs through trades I made in the Indiana Radio Club. Spent many enjoyable hours listening to the programs from my youth on my old radio.
Fast forward 40-45 years, I've still got it and the tapes of the old radio programs. Still works perfectly. I still enjoy old radio programs. Meanwhile technology has marched right past me.......
Old radio programs are now available through the internet. Good ones, bad ones and some in between. I can even listen to them while driving in my car (Sirius XM and spotify)
So my question - what do I do with a fully operational 1941 Philco radio with a tape deck and a bunch of tapes of old radio programs that I've listened to many times? Is this just another artifact from the days of yesteryear? Do I just need to let go? I don't need it for AM radio (God forbid) or shortwave listening. Any ideas on how to incorporate today's availability of old time radio into an old Philco that was made the year before i was born?

Messages In This Thread
Where to now? - by astrotraveler - 01-02-2022, 10:01 PM
RE: Where to now? - by morzh - 01-02-2022, 10:55 PM
RE: Where to now? - by John Bartley - 01-03-2022, 08:24 AM
RE: Where to now? - by Radioroslyn - 01-03-2022, 08:38 AM
RE: Where to now? - by radiorich - 01-09-2022, 01:29 AM
RE: Where to now? - by astrotraveler - 01-09-2022, 10:14 AM