Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Predica Princess Flyback Question

Hello,

I recently purchased a Predicta Princess from Craigslist. The set is in overall good condition but has some very questionable repairs from previous owner(s). I've removed the main board and replaced all the tube sockets, resistors, capacitors, and K networks. I also just replaced the vert linearity pot as I found it was destroyed internally. I've also tested the CRT and it still tests strong. Overall the restoration has taken some time but everything is looking good. This is my first tube tv restoration but I've restored several tube and solid state radios/receivers from the 40's - 70's

The only question I have is about the flyback transformer. From everything I've read the flyback is covered in thick wax-type material. The flyback in the Predicta I'm restoring just has a single wax ring around the external outmost portion. I'm not sure if the flyback looked like this originally or if the previous owner removed the wax-type material. (I attached a photo).

I'm contemplating just applying some corona dope to the exposed surface and attempting to power up the set. What are thoughts from the forum, should I attempt to do this fix, or cover the entire flyback in special “Sensor Safe” RTV silicone?

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Predica Princess Flyback Question - by platinumbird55 - 09-20-2022, 12:59 AM
RE: Predica Princess Flyback Question - by GarySP - 09-20-2022, 07:52 AM